Second Opinion - Carcinoma in situ

2 Posts | Page(s): 1 

Second Opinion - Carcinoma in situ

by StephanieDawn on Thu Apr 26, 2018 06:18 PM

Quote | Reply

Hi Everyone,

I’m new to this site, but I’ve been checking out the forums for awhile now while I was going through the normal motions after receiving an abnormal pap. Here’s what I’m dealing with:

January 2 - Abnormal pap test

February 9 - Colposcopy and biopsies, results came back as CIN I and CIN II

April 6 (almost 2 months later) - LEEP under general anesthesia 

April 23 - Follow up/post-op appt - Dr. told me the specimen that was sent to pathology after the LEEP came back as carcinoma in situ, or “Stage 0” cervical cancer. 

My Dr. now wants to schedule a cold knife conization, which is fine. However, she has said it will probably be around late June. I know that this is supposed to be slow growing, but is it possible that I went from CIN I & II to carcinoma in situ within those 2 months? And if so, shouldn’t I be concerned about waiting another 2 months for this next procedure? What if it progresses? Is that possible? I really like my obgyn, but should I be seeking a second opinion from an oncologist, or am I getting ahead of myself?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

RE: Second Opinion - Carcinoma in situ

by Sharinj on Thu Jun 28, 2018 02:31 PM

Quote | Reply
Definitely get a second opinion! And maybe third, as well....
2 Posts | Page(s): 1 
Subscribe to this message board discussion

Latest Messages

View More

We care about your feedback. Let us know how we can improve your CancerCompass experience.