radiation

3 Posts | Page(s): 1 

radiation

by dorisharrison on Mon Aug 01, 2011 02:31 AM

Quote | Reply

to agdatty: you need to get anew radiation oncologist. If this person does not take your pain seriously and tells you " just take a benadryl: you needd to step up to a better grade of doctor. This guy is a jerk and has too much of a GOD complex. His highest and best concerns should be about YOU, your health in every area not just radiation. You are in afight for your life and you need to have the best warriors available to be your intercessors. God bless you and fight the good fight

RE: radiation

by TonyBazookaCa on Sat Sep 10, 2011 05:32 AM

Quote | Reply

I did not have this as my example, but if i had, then YES.  Iwould have ran for the hills looking for an intellectual person that can treuly understand your demise and find a person who is more qualified in your level for pain management who whould get you to a better person to assist you

RE: radiation

by Golphguy on Thu Sep 15, 2011 07:17 PM

Quote | Reply
I lost faith in my radiation Dr. before any treatments when I started to question my decision to have the treatment. He turned into a salesman rather than a doctor. He actually said that I had a 20% chance of reoccurrence in my sinus and a 30% chance in my lymph system, and that ment a 50% chance I would get it back! Anyone with such poor math skills is not going calculate where to shoot me with radiation that may very well blind the only eye I have. I should have turned his math back on him to "prove" I have a 150% chance of no reoccurrence. Quality of life is much more important to me than putting up with the possible, probable and sure side effects of radiation of the face and neck.
3 Posts | Page(s): 1 
Subscribe to this message board discussion

Latest Messages

View More

We care about your feedback. Let us know how we can improve your CancerCompass experience.