Loading...

Joyousme's Recent CancerCompass Activity

  • Joyousme has replied to a post on the message board

    I am so sorry to hear you had to endure another surgery. I hope you are healing well and that this is the last of it. My healing went well and no complications. Unfortunately, I have started getting itchy there and my vulva is bright red. Don't see any new lesions though so maybe it's just a yeast infection. Buying some cream tomorrow & hope that's the end of it! Saw my dr in August & everything looked fine. I go bac...

    October 04, 2015 view post
    • Joyousme has replied to a post on the message board

      I just had laser surgery for VIN III on May 4th. I did have perianal area lasered as well. It was done under general anesthesia. Honestly, the pain after surgery was not as terrible as I anticipated. The biopsies were worse. I just saw my gyn/onc on Friday & I have lost some elasticity. It just feels a bit tight there. He has me using cocoa butter to help with the scarring. Never really had problems going to the bath...

      September 03, 2015 view post
      • Joyousme has replied to a post on the message board

        Thank you for taking the time to reply. I can't believe you went back to work so soon! My doctor said at least 1-2 weeks. I have some spots on my perineum as well as vulva so he said sitting will be painful for awhile. I hope you don't need the laser again & I hope the same for me too! My doctor did say there is a 30% chance of recurrence but that means 70% chance of it not recurring. Pretty good odds. Thank you for ...

        April 28, 2015 view post
        • Joyousme has created a new message board discussion

          Has anyone had laser surgery for VIN? My surgery is May 4th & just wondering what to expect. How long did it take you to get back to work? Any helpful tips post surgery? Thanks!

          April 22, 2015 view discussion
          • Joyousme has replied to a post on the message board

            Thank you for your reply. I'm sorry to hear you think you have new lesions as well. My margins were not clear and I see the oncologist on the 21st. I pray the new spots you found turn out to be benign.

            April 15, 2015 view post
            • Joyousme has created a new message board discussion

              I had a vulvar biopsy 2 weeks ago. I was checking the area to make sure it's healing ok and noticed that white lesions are growing there again. Has this happened to anyone else? If it's the VIN III back already I'm not too optimistic about surgery. I had never heard of VIN before. I never examined my vulva in my entire life (I'm 44)! I only looked because sex had become painful. I had no itching at all.

              March 11, 2015 view discussion
              • Joyousme has replied to a post on the message board

                I had a vulvar biopsy almost 2 weeks ago. Like you, I experienced the most pain in one area. The ibuprofen didn't help me much either! I used gauze pads soaked in witch hazel quite a bit that first week. I can tell you it does get better. Hang in there! Hope you feel better soon!

                March 10, 2015 view post
                Loading...
                Load more activity
                Loading more activity

                About Joyousme

                Patient
                Gynecologic Cancer

                We care about your feedback. Let us know how we can improve your CancerCompass experience.