Loading...

Queenbee's Message Board Messages

Loading...
Showing 1 - 10 of 5

Page 1 of 1

Dear Steve K. How happy I am to read your story of survival. My father was just diagnosed two wks ago. He will now undergo chemo and radiation. He is 71 years old. Just today I was talking to my dad and he was convinced that the Dr told him yesterday that he has 1 1/2 yrs to live. I flipped. I think my dad misunderstood. I think the Dr meant without treatment he would have 1 1/2 yrs to live. The cancer is a tumour at the bottom of the esophagus where the stomach meets and it has spread to the lymphnode in his stomach only. The cancer is no where else but there. That to me, seems hopeful. I think the chemo will zap it...and prevent it from spreading further. Am I crazy? I think my father misunderstood the timeline....what say you? This is just an awful time for all of us..my brother's wife was diagnosed with Brain Cancer in 2005...so...it seems unending...Please send some words of wisdom...Thank you. Andrea
Debbie.. I have a question. Is the tumor in-operable? My sil is on Keppra. She could not tolerate Dilatin. It gave her a horrible rash...I think your husband's fatigue is just part of this disease...and all the chemo. It is exhausting. Naps can help...good diet...God Bless...
Hi there... How is the Tarceva working for her? My sis in law also had shots to boost her blood cells. But I think the doc believed the temodar was killing her...and it was just too big a risk to continue with it. The whole chemo thing at this point is a "preventative" measure. I think my sil may just opt to not take it and have a year (at least) of normalcy, without sickness, etc...and then if and when the cancer returns...she can reassess and take the chemo. Thanks..
Hi Ken. Yes CCNU is the alternate chemo they are suggesting...however we are re-thinking the whole chemo thing. My sil is "cancer free" at this point. The tumor was resected in Jan then she did the radiation w/ 1/3 of the temodar before the full dose that she began in June... She has had 2 MRI's both look clear except for a spot that could be scar tissue or could be regrowth of the tumor. No one is definitive either way. We will not know anything until the next MRI which will be Oct 5 or 6. Until then I think she should hold off on this chemo. She is scared and doesn't really want to have it...if she waits 2 more wks to see what the scan reads, what can it hurt. It's not certain that the CCNU will cure her or any chemo for that matter...yes, it may prolong her life, but with what quality. She asked me to look into homeopathic methods...which I am doing. I think that could be the best alternative for her...Well, thanks...all of you... We must just keep going..no matter what..
Hi there.. This is my first time posting. My sis in law was dx 1/05..had a resection, did the radiation w/small dose of temodar for the 7 wks. She began the larger dose of temodar which was supposed to be 5 days on 23 days off, but her white blood cells were too low each month to continue the regimen. She was forced to wait 6 or 7 wks in between treatments instead of the usual 4. Now, the Doc has taken her off temodar completely. She only had 2 full rounds of 5 days on... the temodar really did not agree with her...The Doc says they will come up with an alternate treatment, but I cannot imagine what it will be considering temodar is the only chemo that breaks the brain/blood barrier. Has this happened to anyone and is there an alternative? I guess we all felt the temodar was the silver bullet and now it is not an option. Any suggestions?
Showing 1 - 10 of 5

Page 1 of 1

Loading...

About Queenbee

Brain Cancer

We care about your feedback. Let us know how we can improve your CancerCompass experience.